Diversity and Inclusion in Engineering Session:During the morning of the November General Assembly meeting, AAES conducted a session focused on diversity and inclusion in engineering with the intent of formulating actions AAES and our Member Societies can take to make a positive difference. The presentations and speakers are noted below.
- Society of Women Engineers Diversity and Inclusion Activity — Working Towards Inclusion: Confronting Unconscious Bias — Peter Finn, Deputy Executive Director and Chief Learning Officer, SWE
- Surmounting the Barriers: Ethnic Diversity in Engineering Education — Norman L. Fortenberry, Sc.D., Executive Director, American Society for Engineering Education
- Diversity in the Minerals, Metals, and Materials Professions Summit — Garry Warren, Ph.D., The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society Past President and American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers President-Elect
- Gender Summit Roadmap: Engaging Engineering Professional Societies — Wanda E. Ward, Ph.D., Office Head, Office of International and Integrative Activities, National Science Foundation
- Perspectives from the National Society of Black Engineers, Including Professional Engineering Society Engagement — Karl W. Reid, Ed.D., Executive Director, NSBE
- Sharing of Diversity and Inclusion Best Practices — Karen Horting, CAE, Executive Director & CEO, SWE
Read an Article on the D & I session to learn more.
During the AAES General Assembly business meeting, Tom Katsouleas, Ph.D., Vinik Dean, Duke Pratt School of Engineering, presented "The NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program: Update on a White House Call to Action." Click here to view his presentation.